Hi, I’m Dr Richard Chambers – clinical psychologist and leading mindfulness expert.
Watch my TEDx talk to learn how mindfulness increases resilience, productivity and emotional intelligence. Or watch me teach mindfulness on ABC TV show Catalyst.
As a doctor of clinical psychology, I specialise in using mindfulness and other evidence-based strategies to treat a range of issues, including:
- Stress, anxiety & depression
- Relationship & marital issues
- Eating issues
- Addictive behaviours
- Sleep problems
- Academic/work performance
My clinical psychology sessions will give you practical tools you can immediately apply. We will get right to the heart of your issue and work together in a way that makes sense for you.
My sessions generally include vital building blocks which together will help improve your mental health, performance and relationships:
- Mindfulness: learn to focus, deepen self-awareness and live more fully in the present (rather than being lost in distraction)
- Self-compassion: turn down the inner critic and develop a kinder, more compassionate relationship with yourself
- Stress & anxiety reduction: master simple tools for deactivating the fight/flight/freeze response
- Embodiment: learn to tune in to your body so you can be more present in your life, and hear the information your body is constantly giving you
- Communication & conflict resolution: learn to clearly express your emotions and needs so you can have greater depth and harmony in all your relationships
- Differentiation: learn to stay true to your values and integrity while in relationship with others (even when they are pressuring you to be different).
Rebates are available from Medicare (if you get a mental health care plan from your GP) and some private health insurers.
A daily mindfulness meditation practice is a superpower that will change your life. Learning to focus on what is important means better wellbeing, performance and relationships.
My mindfulness meditations are the perfect way to start your practice of mindfulness. Download them onto your phone or media player so you can practice whenever and wherever you want.
As a leading expert in mindfulness, I have published a number of books and peer-reviewed journal articles. I also regularly feature in mainstream print, television and radio media.
Browse my publications below to deepen your understanding of mindfulness and how it can help improve resilience, leadership, productivity, learning and relationships.
I am regularly featured in leading publications around the world